Monday, February 9, 2009

February 5-Golden Triangle

I'm afraid for this month I'm going to post blogs even if they're just short, bland journals of my days. I don't want to forget anything from this vacation. I'll tell you at the front if I don't think they're worth reading. This one's not.

So we took a tour. Here are the stops:

1: A hot spring
2: A boat ride on the Mekong. We floated by the Golden Triangle. Then we stopped in Laos. We had the oppurtunity to sample whiskey with different objects floating in the vats. I chose 'banana' and 'ginseng'. Susan chose 'king cobra' and 'tiger penis'. Yep, a real albeit dead king cobra was floating in a vat of whiskey, and Susan DRANK it. Don't get me started on tiger penis!
3: The Anka tribe, and Padong (what the long-necked tribe call themselves. Or maybe it's 'Palong'. I forget :O )

No comments: