Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 10-12 Ko Samet-Bangkok

Tuesday the 10th we spent one more blissful day on Ko Samet. Suze, Peter, Veronica and I took an exhilerating ride on a banana boat, but other then that it was a lazy day.

Wednesday, we got up early and returned to Bangkok. Ali, Suze, and I had to part from Peter and Veronia, which was a bit sad...BUT we did get to reunite with Amanda and Lisa! It feels good for the five of us to be together again.

Amanda and Lisa had met a girl from Holland on their travels. We were briefly introduced, but then she had to go meet her friend. Amanda asked if it was okay if she stayed in a room with Amanda and I. Of course I agreed. Later that night I went to my room. The girl I had only glimpsed briefly (and hadn't talked to at all) was already asleep in bed...wearing only a tank top and see-through black panties. Very backpacker!

Today is Thursday the twelfth. I have not been feeling well for the past few days. While the other four went sight-seeing in Bangkok, I went to a hospital. It turns out I have an inconsequential viral infection. I still elected to take it easy today. My friends are currently at a lady-boy caberet, and I'm stuck in an internet cafe :'(. Oh well, it will be worth it to feel better!

When I was in the hospital, an elderly Indian lady and I were both washing our hands in the bathroom. She caught a glance of me in the mirror, gasped, and said (in English better than mine) "OH!! I am surprised to see YOU!". She very sweetly peppered me with questions, while I tried to edge out of the bathroom in a polite manner.

Her-"What nationality are you?"
Me-"Canadian"
Her-"How old are you?"
Me-"23"
Her-*nodding wisely* "Yes, yes, that's what I thought. How lovely to be so young and able to travel the world. The world is quite small these days. You must find it very hot here."
Me-"Yes, it's quite hot"
Her-"And this is nothing, you know. Even for those of us born in the tropics, April, May, they can be quite difficult".

Eventually I exited the bathroom. As it was 35C today, I am NEVER coming to SouthEast Asia in the hot season!

No comments: