Sunday, November 16, 2008

Those blissfull two days.

As someone who has never worked a 9-5 job before in her life, I've really never appreciated the phrase 'working for the weekend' before.

Now, those blissfull two days are the very essence of my being.

Friday night, Ali, Lisa, Amanda and I ate at our favourite kimbap nara. The meal cost us $15CDN total (my fridge contains eggs and soju PERIOD because of how cheap it is to eat out).

Later on that night we headed to another friends apartment for a few drinks.

Saturday I woke up craving something more than eggs and soju for breakfast. I texted my friend who lives directly above me. We both went to our patios and had a conversation hanging out of the 13th and 14th floors respectively. I told him I was hungry, he said he had cornflakes. So up I went in my pajamas. (It definitely feels like rez here!)

At 11:30 we met with four of our other friends and hiked up the mountain by our apartment building. It was 19 degrees celsius on November 15! I was wearing a t-shirt and sweating!

That night was ladies' night, but I was tired, so I watched a romantic comedy by myself and went to bed early.

Sunday, I reprised my role as a fifth wheel in their marriage and Dean, Mandy, Dante (their dog) and I went to Suncheon Bay. Not very many Korean people have pets, so their reactions to Dante are hilarious. He is a small cocker spaniel, he can't weigh more than 15lbs. Yet, grown men were throwing themselves against the railing of the boardwalk to get as far away from Dante as humanly possible. 'Oh...BIG dog!'.

After experiencing fresh air, we went to my new favourite restaurant in the WHOLE world. Octupus soup. I'm being %100 serious. This is my new favourite food. Weird.

That night, Lisa had a pasta dinner at her house. Between her kitten and 9 clumsy waygooks, we managed to spill pasta sauce over her entire living room. But she forgave us. Then we went to Jodie's for our bi-monthly book swap. Patti brought REAL cheddar cheese!!

Today is Monday and I am still stuffed from this weekend.

And my favourite moment of today?

We are practicing writing invitations in class. We give them a formula, and most kids write something like the following *the parts that they have to fill in are in paranthesis*:

Dear (John)
Hi (John)
(Thursday) is (Christmas)
I will have (a Christmas party)
Would you like to (come to my house)?
From (Jennifer)

One kid wrote:
Dear Spirit
Hi Spirit
Thursday is my funeral.
I will have a funeral ceremony.
Would you like to come to my tomb?
From Scrooge.

Not only was it morbid, funny, and written with perfect grammer and spelling, he also wrote it in CURSIVE writing. Most Korean people aren't even aware that cursive exists! He must be going to a VERY top-notch English academy after school!

No comments: