Monday, October 6, 2008

It boggles my mind...

Some of the kids look at me with blank stares when I ask them to open their books...

and some of the kids know such random difficult words.

My grade fives were talking about Micheal Jackson, and one of them said 'plastic surgery is bad'

Really? You can't answer me when I say 'what is your name?' but you know plastic surgery?

The best one was today.

I had them filling out sheets that looked like this:
_________ is stronger than_________
__________is older than__________ etc.

Most kids were putting:
My mother is older than me_ or whatever. However one little boy wrote:
?????? (I didn't understand this word) are older than homosapiens.

I laughed in my head for a long time. Homosapiens??

Wow.

I love the kids, I really do. I don't know if teaching is for me (pretty sure it's NOT since it's a 9-5 which is too much work for me) but I do enjoy them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, I'm Paul and I have taught Koreans in Sydney. Often the girls or boys (aged 14 to 17) would call me 'handsome teacher' . and i'm 54, old enough to be their father ! Once I taught a class of 'beginners' 9 Koreans and 1 girl from Poland. I insisted they call me Mr. (family name). Any way, i'm off soon to Wando Island high school. I wonder if you know it !! thanks for the blog! Paul