Friday, October 31, 2008

C'est l'Halloween, C'eeeesstt L'Halloween

Weeelllll it is if you're in Canada anyway.

Here in Korea it's ACE day!!

Yay!

A-number one!

so.... What the heck is ACE day?

A better question would be: What is ACE?

I'll tell you.

ACE is the brand name for a kind of...




wait for it...




wait for it...




cracker.


A little anti-climactic? It gets worse. There is nothing special about ACE crackers. Absolutely NOTHING that warrants a day being named after them. ACE crackers are just like Ritz crackers, except less salty, more square, and owned by geniuses.

Can you imagine having RITZ day in Canada?

So what happens on ACE day?

You give all your friends packages of ACE crackers. And you're really excited about it.

"Teacher! Today is ACE day!! Here! I give you ACE!!"

I received five boxes of ACE crackers today.

I did not give any boxes of ACE crackers as I was unaware that cracker holiday exsisted.

However, I DO have advance warning about Pepero day, which is on November 11th.

What is Pepero?

Chocolate covered cracker sticks.

Yesterday I put the word love on the board and asked the grade sixes what words they associated with love.

Pepero Day was often the first thing they called out.

I am now eating a persimmen. It is delicious. I don't think I've ever eaten one before living in Korea.

No comments: