Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm sorry Koreans

I have to admit, I thought the Korean people were being a teeny tiny hugely ridiculous in their expectations of the weather.

After Chusok (thanksgiving) it was still boiling hot-sweat through your clothes weather. All of the teachers at my school were SHOCKED.

"After chusok it is normally quite cool"

"Korea USED to have FOUR seasons, 'summer, fall, winter, spring' now there are only two, summer and winter"

'Are you kidding me?'

Chusok ended TWO days ago, and because it's not immediately cool we've LOST FALL??? Take two days out of a season and it's obselite???

However...

Four days ago it was business as usual, sweating through my clothes, taking six showers a day, yadayadayada,

and three days ago it became fall. The air is crisp, it's dropped at least fifteen degrees, I need to wear sweaters, and I FINALLY understood what my teachers were talking about.

It's the most UNgradual season change I've ever witnessed in my life.

Weird.

So sorry guys, I really thought you were nuts!

No comments: