Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nothing

Today has been exceptionally annoying.

I got permission from all of the homeroom teachers to watch a movie with their students today. And didn't the internet cut out for our ENTIRE school. Of course, I only found out I couldn't show my movie ten minutes before my first class. Fortunately hangman was almost as low maitenence as a movie would have been (I had the students doing the words at the board).

All this week has been cakes and cookies and junk. Just now I had a large piece of cake put in front of me. We also ate cake yesterday morning around 11am. I don't know why.

I must gain some willpower over the holidays. Or maybe even the Korean term for, 'no thank you, I'm full'. Or MAYBE just tell them I'm on a diet??

I had another really good conversation with my favourite Korean lady today (henceforth fkl).

Her children are six and eight years old. The keep asking her what presents Santa will bring them. She told me, 'I sit them down, and I SWEAR to them, that Santa is just mommies and daddies, but they will not believe me! So I told them that Santa cannot come to Korea this year because of the economic depression'.

Koreans don't have chimneys either. My tour guide at the palace in Seoul told me THAT'S why Santa doesn't come to Korea. Either way, Korea is getting gyped.

No comments: